12.09.2009

For the Rest of Us!

I've tried to sit on this for another couple of days until the Christmas/Festivus party we've been invited to with the White Elephant gift exchange this will be a part of, but it amuses me too much. It's like that weird compulsion to write about boogers and poop on a blog... must... share... with... internet. When I heard that the historical "winners" of the gift exchange in the past included Elvis Pez dispensers and a sample of the Joan Rivers perfume collection, I knew I had to bust out the craft skills for our contribution.

I really think that "plaid" should be the official color of Festivus (for those not familiar with Festivus, you can read more about it here). This hand-embroidered and machine quilted wallhanging represents 3 of the 4 important traditions of Festivus (from left to right): The Airing of Grievances, Alcohol, and Feats of Strength. We'll also have a Festivus pole to go along with this lovely gift.

I've been on a tear since finishing the king-sized quilt, so its nice to see projects move along. I also spent some time organizing my fabric stash and reorganizing my sewing area, although it still sort of looks like a fabric store exploded in my house. I can only imagine what sewing a giant pink fuzzy kitty will do for the fuzz quotient in the house.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Ha ha! I love it!

Tricia said...

Love it! Our family is doing a white elephant exchange this year...it should be interesting!

Kristine said...

I am absolutely amazed at how much you are able to get done!! I'm just going to sit on the couch and get tired thinking about all you accomplish!

With my glass of wine...

Within A Quarter Inch said...

Yup - this is great! I love it:)

Our house is all about the airing of grievances (you @#$# you didn't take out the garbage... again!)
Feats of strength (getting Max in and out of the car seat)
and inebriation to get through the festivus for the rest of us....